The Impact of Messages
The Message Effects Lab provides adaptable lab space to support a wide range of research to study how people react cognitively and emotionally to messages and how these reactions influence their behavior and decision-making.
The Message Effects Lab
The Message Effects Lab utilizes cutting-edge technology of many kinds including BioPac instrumentation for biometric readings ranging from facial EMG, heart rate and galvanic response. The School of Communication Studies established the lab in 2011 through the UT Research Technology Fee Grant and Incentive Stimulus Fund. It became part of the User Experience – Message Effects Core Facility in 2018. In 2023, the Message Effects Lab was named a CCI Innovation Lab.
Message Effects Lab space includes:
- Two participant rooms connected by an observation room with one-way mirror.
- Rooms include microphones, cameras, and computer technology.
- Room one is designed as a living room to create a relaxed and natural environment.
- Room two is used for focus groups or conference room scenarios.
- Room set-up can be modified for specific studies.
For more information: email@example.com