Proposal Development & Submission Guide
The RIC team will work with a CCI researcher on all aspects of proposal development and submission.
As soon as you are ideating around a grant funded project or participating in a non-CCI proposal
At least 1 month before sponsor deadline
- Register for submission management portals (e.g., Fastlane, grants.gov, ASSIST)
No less than 10 business days* prior to sponsor deadline
- Submit all proposal documents to the RIC office whether or not the PI has worked with RIC to develop the proposal
- RIC reviews the documents, consulting the PI as necessary, o to prepare the most complete and compliant documents possible.
No less than 5 business days* prior to sponsor deadline
- RIC uploads the documents to Cayuse as a submission to ORIED
- The budget documents (including subcontractor documents) and supporting documents MUST be in final form at this time. See, DRA Proposal Deadlines
- To enable direct submission support in portals (e.g., research.gov, grants.gov, ASSIST), give access to RIC
*does not include staff holidays and administrative closings
Research Proposal Development Resources
- IRB Guidance
- External Funding Databases
- Pivot is a comprehensive, searchable database of funding opportunities and research profiles. Opportunities include federal, non-federal, foundation, and private opportunities, both domestic and international.
- Grants.gov is the most comprehensive public source for information on federal funding opportunities.
- iThenticate plagiarism tool. RIC has three licenses for use by CCI faculty and student researchers.
- University-Level Information from ORIED